I have had a crazy week and have not had a chance to recap the Men’s Breakfast and Meeting from last Wednesday. We had a great meal headed up by Michael Henderson. John, Mike Revel, Pete, Charlie, Kyle, Spencer, and Resha all arrived early to help setup and/or cook. I really appreciate this group as it makes getting everything ready easy. Now, if you missed this meal, you missed a great one that consisted of a breakfast taco bar. We had some of the best chorizo I’ve ever had with eggs, crispy bacon, fresh made pico, and much more. Michael Henderson will send out the name of the chorizo to everyone on this email, as I have had several people ask for the brand.
Charlie pitched us a great baseball devotional to get the meeting started.
NOTES from Mike Henderson:
- Beverly, I wanted to pass a BIG THANK YOU on behalf of the Men’s Group to you and the Prieto Farm for the delicious fresh eggs.
- Chorizo De San Manuel, It is produced in Linn, Texas by Guerra’s Brand Inc. , Sold in your neighborhood H-E-B in the breakfast sausage cooler.
- Jad Smith gave a treasurer’s report recapping where we stand
- We still have a few small amounts to pay out in regards to the flagpole
- We donated $580 to Penny Neff to aid in her efforts as chaplain for the Boy Scouts
- Michael Henderson relayed that the flagpole is installed and complete
- He also updated us on the gate that is to be installed in the parking lot
- Charlie let us know that the deck outside the café has a lot of wood rot. We suggested that we get with John Watters and schedule a workday to help complete it.
- Spencer reported that he has checked with hotels that could help with displaced families due to a fire or other emergency. They are hesitant to keep a credit card on file, so we will compile a list of on-call volunteers that can help with booking rooms when needed. Michael, Dwight, Tom, Charlie, Larry, and Spencer all volunteered.
- John asked for an update on the budget preparation for Castaways, and it is completed. We will review it at the August meeting.
- Tom Jaggard has been in contact with Kate Maddox with the Red Cross. She will be attending our August meeting to talk about their efforts and how we can work with them.
- Larry Cobb reminded everyone that is not too early to start thinking about the Men’s Conference at Mo-Ranch next May.
If I left anything out, please reply to this email, so everyone will get the information. Next month’s meeting is going to be Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 7am in the café. Please mark your calendars now and plan on being there. As I mentioned, we will have a guest speaking to us about the Red Cross, and I would like to have a big group there to show her support. Let’s get the word out. We haven’t decided on the menu, but we are planning on having something special for our guest.
Schuler’s Home Services, LLC.